Simple functionality but an example of a feature that was requested for one group (“Notify us every day our ticket queue is more than x tickets”) that we re-tooled so that all groups could opt-in to the functionality.
Managers of groups had the ability to configure their group so that they could:
- Receive notifications every day at 10am if their group had more active tickets than a certain threshold.
- Set the threshold number
- Set individual users or groups to receive this notification.
Technical Direction (general steps to do it yourself)
- Section and fields added to sys_user_group
- UI policies control hidden fields
- Write ACLs for these fields are locked to manager
- Business Rule ensures threshold number is zero or positive
- Scheduled Script Execution runs at 10am daily, checks for groups with feature turned on then checks related ticket queue
- If conditions satisfied, creates event (under newly added event in registry) Event generates notification