What is it?
The Avatars application generates avatars for user records. Say goodbye to boring Initials!
x_snc_avatars.Avatar().get(String sys_id, String sprite_collection);
- sys_id = sys_user.sys_id (Required)
- sprite_collection = force a specific sprite to be returned (Optional)
Included in update set
- Script include that allows you generate avatars
- User form UI Action that allows you to generate an avatar for the current user record (Requires the user_admin role). The generated avatar is based on the user’s gender and sys_id. Will always produce the same result.
- User form UI Action that allows you to generate a completely random avatar regardless of gender and sys_id. Will always produce a different result.
- Business Rule that will generate an avatar for new user records as they are created.
- Script Executor that can be run which will generate an avatar for every user record that doesn’t already have a photo.
- System Properties that allow you further customize how it runs, organized into a system property category that will appear as
Avatar Propertieswithin the
System UIApplication in the navigation menu.
Available Sprite Collections with examples
- x_snc_avatars.avatars.sprites.default - The default sprite collection to default to if there is no gender provided on the user record.
- x_snc_avatars.avatars.sprites.valid - The sprite collections you want to allow for the randomizer.
- x_snc_avatars.avatars.sprites.use_gender - If you want the sprite generator to check for gender or not.
- x_snc_avatars.avatars.generate_on_insert - If you want the sprite generator to activate for new records
- x_snc_avatars.avatars.generate_on_insert.seed_or_random - If you want new records to be completely random or based on sys_id+gender
- x_snc_avatars.avatars.show_ui_actions - If you want the UI actions to appear on the sys_user form for user_admins.
Where to get it
The application is available on the share website.
- Avatars are provided via API at https://avatars.dicebear.com/
- ServiceNow Integration created by Earl Duque