For the 2018 UC Tech conference, there was a need for a raffle application that would:
- Draw a winner from a list of entries
- Allow individual entries to be added to the pool
- Allow multiple entries to be added en masse
- Allow multiple winners to be drawn
- While allowing the option of the previous winner to be either included or excluded from subsequent drawings
- Allow confirmation of the winner being present, otherwise re-draw
- Allow the reseting of the results
- Allow the resetting of all entries
- Allow for private drawings vs. public drawings
- Be recorded in a database
- Be reportable
- Be accessible without creating an account
- Be entirely mobile friendly
And just so happened that no such thing existed for our immediate use. I was presented the problem and within a day I had a working concept and within another day we had the full application up and running and being used live at the conference.
A month later we wrapped it up nicely and released it for use by anyone at our university.
The application is open-sourced and can be found at earlduque/ServiceNow-Raffle on GitHub.